Monday, March 22, 2010

My wonderfully average weekend.

I'm back again, and this is how it's gone-

Thursday I left school and sat through a four-hour car ride to the amazing state of new hampsire to go skiing. Brother hogged the dvd player.

Friday I woke up to go to Loon mountain for my first day of spring skiing. It was 75 DEGREES OUTSIDE. It's spring skiing, BUT SERIOUSLY. And I'm not a fan of spring skiing conditions, and I was rediculously tired after an hour and a half of trekking through snow. SO what else to do than take the Kangamangus Highway to North Conway to go to Zeb's general store? Alas, it was 80 degrees at hte highest point and the view was of a snow-covered Mount Washington. But I got a cute LL Bean striped cardigan and Vermont Cookie Buttons in Double Vanilla which made my day.

Saturday I had to leave because I had to work sunday. We went skiing at canon and I decided to stick to the bunny slopes and practic hotdogging (thats ski lingo terminology for freestyle, my fellow skiers.) and mainly, not faint from heat.

SUNDAY, oh boy, was WORK WORK WORK. I do childcare at my church and watch the kids who are too young to go to service. At the busiest point, I had 8 kids, 2 parents, adn 2 under-two year olds, five potty trips, and 1 meltdown. But to make it better I spent nearly $40 on fabric to make a dress and a romper.

SPEAK OF THE DEVIL I have a picture of the dress I made, and it got good reception and I did not fall down stairs in heels.


 Ignore the fact that in this picture it looks like the strap is a little weird. I love this dress. And I'm using the same skirt pattern to work on a dress inspired by my favorite TV character on my favorite TV show, Pushing Daisies. I love the character "Chuck" (name's really Charlotte). Google the show. Wiki. Yahoo. Youtube. Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on and explode.

If you get that last reference then you have my undying love.

No comments:

Post a Comment