Friday, March 12, 2010

Introduction of Sorts

Well, let's see. I'm a 15 year old girl-child who is more concerned with what others are wearing then she should be. I'd rather attend lectures on the history of fashion in the 1800's than to even try understanding the principles of substitution and linear functions. I'd spend all my money on shoes and headbands if my parents would let me, or just sit around and gorge myself on Ben & Jerry's Half Baked icecream.

DOWN TO BUISNESS NOW like you want to hear me go on .
Balenciaga Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear collection had me glued to my computer monitor. I saw the gorgeously tailored nudes with demure whites and graphic heels, then POP colour in stripes that reminded me of sixties mod. I've been really digging the mod vibe for a bit now. The geometric designs just make me involved. The other outfit in the show I absolutely LOVE LOVED was the graphic stripey pop of the beige dress, graphic black and white print and fantastic heel. If I had anywhere that would call for a dress, I'd want that one. So badly.


Then the graphic pops of neon faded back and then BAM more print that caught your attention, then there was a newsprint-magazine like print. I loved how the black contrasted with the body in this top. Still kinda the strong shoulder trend we all saw back in the fall of 09? But I love this.
The continued print in the line was so refreshing. I love a gorgeous, tailored heather grey jacket as much as the next person, but my favorite part about fashion is the pops of colour (I'm using the word "pop" a lot. But it fits!) This dress is a girly softie pink but with a bit of edge with the newsprint print. LOVE LOVE LOVE. LOVE. and more love. I have just religiously renewed my love of Balenciaga.

No comments:

Post a Comment