Monday, March 15, 2010

Loius Vuitton Fall 2010 Collection

I love these dresses. I'd wear one if they weren't as low cut and only $50. 'Tis not meant to be. sigh.

This was one of my absolute favorite pieces this season. The fabric flows and has gorgeous movement, and the contrast of the black and floral with the belt makes me swoon with envy. WANT WANT WANT. Almost every single model had their hair swept up and slicked back into ponytails. Easy enough for us who are extremely uncoordinated with their hair (ME).








I really like the full pleated skirt here. I'm actually making a dress right now that has a skirt just like htat and hits about the same place. Look at me, I'm gonna be FASHIONABLE! *gasp!* The top reminds me of Monet's moody impressions of night skies and oceans. So asdfghjkl mindblowing filled with love. The bow in the front of the shirt makes me think of the Madeliene books- remember the little girl in paris with her spanish friend and the rest of the orphans?
Plaid. I loved it years before it came in for fall '09. I love the a-line silhouette of the dress, and the coat reminds me of madeliene (see above?) I want this dress. And the heels with the flat bows and the glossy beige bag fit and tie the whole ensemble fantastically.

However, even though I did love hte show almost entirely, I didn't appreciate the red carpet gowns at the end... in particular this one:
To me it looks like a summer maxi dress with a trash bag pinned of the back. I just don't like how the dress seems to fan in the back with different, shiny, almost plastic-looking fabric. Meh.
But the rest of the collection was awesome. My lookbook on style.com gained another 20 peices.

No comments:

Post a Comment